Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

An Ode to Awkward Knitting

One day while watching my baby brother, Landon, I realized that knitting in unlikely places causes me to be more inspired! Landon was in his highchair eating a baby cookie and I didn't want him to be unsupervised while I was knitting. He has a tendency of sticking the little cookie in the back of his mouth and gagging himself. This unlikely quirk makes me feel so ancy about him eating on his own that I have to sit there and just watch him eat. Many times I get bored, so I brought over my knitting, sat on the edge of the couch (which is conviently situated nearly 3 feet away), and began knitting. I felt more at ease and was still able to entertain myself. While doing so, I felt inclined to start knitting quicker than I usually do if I were to be lazily lying on the couch. This sudden burst of energy then resulted in me knitting in awkward spots around the house. During one of these escapades, I came up with a little poem.
An Ode to Awkward Knitting
By Whitney Futrell
Farewell rocking chair
Au revoir old recliner
A new day is arising,
The day of sitting on tables,
Arms of couches,
And hoods of cars.
O' awkward knitting!
The norm has a new face,
A face so unnatural,
That it provokes the needles within!
Now I know I am definitely NOT a poet, but at least it makes sense, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment